Cost of Living Help

Stratford District Council is administering a government scheme to provide additional financial support for vulnerable households within the district who are struggling to pay their energy bills this winter.

All homeowners, private rented tenants and housing association/Council tenants can apply for fuel vouchers or the equivalent if they meet ALL four of the criteria below. 

1. Live in Stratford District
2. Have a combined gross household income of less than £30,000 per year
3. Have No Savings
4. Have someone in the household with a vulnerability of some sort – a health condition, a disability or sudden change in circumstances

If you or someone you know satisfies ALL FOUR criteria above, you can help them apply for support through the Stratford Energy Support Fund. 

Recognised community and voluntary organisations, including Citizens Advice, Stratford District Council, Housing Associations, and professional health and family services can apply on someone else’s behalf.

It is quite a complicated application process but further details can be obtained by calling 0800 988 2881 or at:

(Source: Tony Dixon)

Comments are closed.